What is an Online Casino Bonus?
Land-based casinos offer their visitors extra services to make their time spent with a gambling house more enjoyable. Online casinos have their own ways to attract new players and to reward loyal gamblers. We are speaking about online casino bonuses – a kind of extra benefit a player receives when completing certain requirements.
There exist different types of bonuses with different wagering requirements, terms and conditions. Keep on reading our guide to find out all the information you need to know to get the maximum out of every offer. We will explain every type of bonus in detail, give you tips on how to choose the best offer, and what are the requirements to consider before claiming a bonus.
Moreover, our experts have already done the research for you. We checked and reviewed Canadian casinos. On this page you will find a list of reputable casinos, holding a license and accepting players from Canada. We also made sure that these sites offer really generous bonuses with fair wagering requirements. All you need to do is just to read this guide, to choose a website you prefer, and to start playing!
Casino Bonus Types
All casino offers can be divided into two categories: no deposit bonuses and deposit bonuses. Let’s talk about each type in detail:
- No deposit bonuses do not require that you spend any money. This can be a small amount of cash added to your balance or Free Spins in one of the popular slots. Normally online casinos offer no deposit bonuses to new players. You can use this money or Free Spins to check a new gambling platform or to learn the rules of a certain game. After you complete the wagering requirements you can even withdraw a limited amount of money from your casino account.
- Loyalty bonuses are granted to existing players. The most popular one is a deposit bonus when a casino adds extra money to your initial deposit. This way you receive extra money to play any games you like. Your chances to win increase, while you do not take any extra risks or expenses. One more popular kind of loyalty offers is Free Spins. A casino grants you a certain number of Free Spins in a selected slot for a deposit.
Of course, all the offers have some terms to follow. We will talk about bonus conditions later, so keep on reading.
Deposit Match Casino Bonus
This is a bonus you receive for making a deposit with a promo code and it increases your deposit to a certain percentage. For example, with a 100% bonus, you will receive an extra £200 for your £200 deposit. Here are some conditions you should pay attention to when claiming a match deposit bonus:
- Minimum deposit amount;
- Maximum bonus amount. Almost every match bonus has a maximum bonus amount which limits how much extra money you can receive. For example, if the maximum bonus amount is £500, and you deposit £600 claiming a 100% bonus, you will only receive extra £500 on your account;
- Time to wager a match bonus and wagering requirements. A casino can cancel a bonus if you do not meet the requirements, so pay attention to this part.
- List of restricted games. Some games are not available for playthrough. Your wagers made in these games simply will not be counted when completing wagering requirements.
- List of restricted territories. Make sure that a selected offer is available for players from your country. We have already checked the sites recommended on this page to make sure that Canadian players are eligible for their offers.
This type is slightly different from a match bonus. If you claim this offer you will receive a certain amount of money, regardless of your deposit amount. For instance, you will receive £100 if you make a £25 deposit, and you will receive £100 if you make a £100 deposit. The only thing to keep in mind is the minimum deposit amount required to claim this type of offer.
Some casinos have this kind of bonus available on a regular basis. This means that you can claim it again and again once you wager the previous one. You will have a chance to receive maximum when you deposit a really small amount of money. One more benefit of this offer is simple calculations with no need to count percentages or follow complicated rules. But you still are strongly recommended to read the terms and conditions of every offer you accept.
Loyalty Casino Bonus
Loyalty bonuses include different offers, already mentioned above, and more. Some casinos have their own loyalty program or VIP program. It consists of several levels, the more you play, the more you receive! It is the equivalent of VIP rooms in land-based gambling houses. Here you receive exclusive offers and special promotions created only for the VIP players. One of the benefits of VIP status is regular cashback. It’s a kind of insurance for your bets. If you lose, a casino pays you back.
For online casinos, loyalty bonuses are the way to pique the players’ interest. Players make new deposits and keep interested in new offers. For you it’s an opportunity to play and win more, spending less.
Other Types of Casino Bonus
There also exist not that popular but also beneficial offers. They include:
- Refer-a-friend bonus. If you enjoyed playing at a certain casino and you recommend it to a friend of yours, you can both receive a bonus once your friend makes a first deposit.
- Birthday gifts. Some casinos give no deposit bonuses on your birthday or generous match bonuses.
- Bonuses for using certain payment systems. For example, if you make a deposit via PayPal you will receive some extras.
- Tournaments. Sometimes top providers announce tournaments among gamblers who play their slots. The more you play, the more extra cash you can win.
- Personal offers are given to active players or to those who haven’t played for a long time.
Probably, these offers are not that popular and known, but they can be even more profitable than Free Spins or reload bonuses.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
It is extremely important to read bonus terms and conditions carefully. This way you will know what to expect and what requirements you need to follow. Licensed casinos publish terms on their websites, so you are aware of all the requirements before you accept the deal.
We will explain the main terms to pay attention to below. Keep in mind that if you do not meet the requirements a bonus can be annulled or canceled.
To claim a bonus you will, first of all, need to create an account (if you haven’t created it yet). Next, for some bonuses, you need to use a promo code. Just type it in the special box when making a deposit. After that, a bonus will be added to your account, and the next step is wagering it. So, let’s talk about the main wagering requirements:
- Time limits. Every bonus is time-limited. Here we mean time limits to activate an offer. For example, a reload bonus is valid on Mondays. You will not be able to claim it any other day. And you will also have limited time for a playthrough. The deadline varies from several days to a week or more and can be different for every promotion within one casino. Read attentively if you have to hurry up, or if you have a lot of time to wager your bonus.
- Wager. A wager is the number of times you need to play through the bonus amount or the winnings. Rarely you can meet no wager bonuses, but it’s more a kind of exception. If for example, you receive a £100 bonus with x30 wager, your summarised bets should be equal to £3000, and only after that, you can make a withdrawal. Also, pay attention that there might be some restrictions for a maximum bet amount. If we speak about wagering the Free Spins, you will need to wager the winnings. For example, you won £500 during the Free Spins, and a wager is x20. Before cashing out the winnings your summarized bets should be equal £10 000. For different offers the wager can differ, so you need to read the terms carefully.
- Game limits. Some games can be unavailable for wagering bonuses. You will hardly find a casino that will allow table games for playing through. Another possible requirement is an increased wager in certain games. For example, you can play through the bonus with x20 wager in slots, and in Roulette, BlackJack, and other table games you will need to play through 40 times instead of 20. The full list of restricted games can always be found in bonus terms. Make sure that your favorite slots are not mentioned in it.
- Win limits. Some bonuses set the limits for a maximum withdrawal. This is normal for no deposit bonuses, or for no wager Free Spins. For example, if you claim a no deposit bonus with a £30 maximum withdrawal, you will not be able to cash out more, even if you win £500. Casinos rarely set withdrawal limits for deposit bonuses with a wager, but you should always check if there are winning restrictions when claiming a certain offer.
Time to Try the Best Bonuses!
Casino bonuses will help you to play and win more with no extra expenses. Before accepting any offer you need to read all the conditions to make sure you can meet the wagering requirements.
It can be a challenging task to choose the best offers and a reliable casino. The good news is that we have done this work for you! Our experts checked every casino we included in the list on this page. Bonuses and promotions are eligible for players from the Canada. Moreover, we selected only the most generous offers with fair wagering requirements. All you need to do is just pick one offer from the list and start playing! An exciting gambling adventure is about to begin now, choose a promo code, and claim a bonus!
Online Casino Games
At GamblersChoice you can play for free! Our games collection includes the best titles and is updated on a regular basis. We keep an eye on top gambling providers and add recently released titles to the collection. If you want to play and win real money, pick one of our recommended casinos!
We also give useful tips on how to play, based on our experience. You will find top games reviewed and information on different game features. Use these tips to play and win even more!